The Mauril-Bélanger Social Innovation Workshop (The Atelier), Caisse Desjardins Ontario and Saint Paul University are partnering once again in 2023 to award two scholarships to students of the Élisabeth Bruyère School of Social Innovation. These two grants of $10,000 each are intended to support social innovation projects led by students.
The first step is to apply. You can submit your application until October 13, 2023 at 5 PM by filling out the form below.
Five finalists will be chosen from all the applications submitted. These finalists will be assigned a coach selected by the Atelier and will be required to produce a short pitch that will be presented in person at the Atelier on November 23, 2023 at 11AM.
The winners will be announced at the latest on December 4 at noon.
To participate, fill out the application form.
The jury that will select the projects is composed of the following members:
– Aurélie Lacassagne, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Saint Paul University;
– Julienne Kotto, Coordinator of the Point d’accueil Francophone d’Ottawa;
– Lynda Sehi, Regional Manager, Partnerships and Community Involvement – Ottawa, Caisse Desjardins Ontario;
– Jamel Stambouli, Director of the Élisabeth-Bruyère School of Social Innovation;
– Julie Paquette, Professor at the Élisabeth-Bruyère School of Social Innovation.
The criteria on which projects will be selected are as follows:
– The importance of the social issue addressed by the project;
– The impact of the proposed project;
– The ability of the team to carry out the project.
Please note that in order to receive the Desjardins Bursary, students must have paid their university fees (see university calendar and due dates).